Monday, January 6, 2014

Day one of this journey...

Today was the first day of my eight day liquid diet. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be--of course the day is not over--and it is only the first day! :-) One week from tomorrow--I will have my surgery. I have been going through the planning and prep for this surgery since May. That first informational meeting seems so long ago in one way--and like yesterday in another. I never thought that the day would get here--and yet--it has.

 I have had a few "rocky" days this past week--questioning my decision. (A meltdown or two!!) I guess when it comes down to it--it is a sense of fear that is causing me to question. Not so much a fear of the surgery, but a fear of change. Those people who know me--know that I don't like change. I am expecting huge changes in my life and I don't know if I'm fully prepared to deal with those changes. You see, I like who I am and have always been comfortable with the person I see in the mirror. However, I also like life--and I know that I am shortening mine--without losing weight and keeping it off! For years--I wouldn't even consider having this surgery because I thought it was "the easy way" out. Oh how wrong I was!! This has been the hardest thing I have ever done--and the hardest part is yet to come (I think).

The only reason I know I can do this is because I am truly blessed with a wonderful support system--a great family, wonderful friends and some incredible former students that I love like they were my own! With everyone's support and encouragement--I can't help but succeed in accomplishing this goal!

I'm going to close this entry with a quote that was on the front of a card that my college roommate and best friend sent me today (in support of me and my journey.) The cover said: "He who dares not grasp the thorn should never crave the rose." The inside read: "I'm so proud of you for being brave enough to try." Until I got that card--I never really thought of myself as brave--but I guess I am. Funny how friends instinctively know just when you need an encouraging word! I guess I'm strong enough to do this another day!!




Some news on the house front...We are scheduled for settlement on our loan for the house on January 22, 2014--I guess this is finally going to happen!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great title :). Looking forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had this AWESOME English teacher help me with it!! She is amazing!!

      Delete