Monday, January 13, 2014

It's Finally Here!

Tomorrow morning at 9:15 I will entering Hershey Medical Center to have my "sleeve gastrectomy" done by Doctor Anne Rogers. By dinnertime tomorrow night--the next phase of my journey will have begun.  As I sit and write this I can't even begin to tell you what I'm feeling. Maybe that's because I'm not sure. I keep asking myself am I nervous? Yes! Am I excited? Yes! Am I scared? Heck yeah! However, I guess more than anything I'm ready--I just want it to be over. I'm not looking forward to the pain after surgery--or another week of a liquid diet--or three weeks of pureed foods (ugh) --but I am looking forward getting started on "the new me!" This is truly a new beginning and I am so excited about that!

As I get ready to go to bed tonight--I am so humbled by all the well wishes, kind notes, e-mails and texts from everyone. I am truly blessed with the greatest friends, family and colleagues. Thank you all for the love, encouragement and constant support. You all mean the world to me. Hugs XO


1 comment:

  1. I love this quote!! Looking forward to a post-op post. Hope you're making steady progress xo

    ReplyDelete