Monday, December 30, 2013

And so it begins...

2014 is going to be a year of big changes for the Buck's. Seventeen years ago, we sold our house in Ephrata and bought my childhood home from my parents. We had a goal of building a new house on the property and tearing down the old house. That was our five year plan. Well, seventeen years later, (yes, we had a few setbacks), that dream will finally come to fruition. The third week of January, 2014, we will finally have closing on the mortgage for our new home which is set to begin construction early in the year. We finally see a light at the end of the tunnel...and we are pretty sure it is not the train!!

Another big change is right around the corner for me, Jen. On January 14, 2014 I will be checking in to Hershey Medical Center to undergo weight loss surgery. This has been a huge decision for me (and for Greg). It will be a complete lifestyle change for both of us. This is not something that I have decided to jump into with out much consideration and education. I have been meeting with doctors, psychiatrists, nutritionists, dietitians, nurses and support groups for the past 6 months. I am so excited and yes, apprehensive, to see what the next six months hold. I will lose a tremendous amount of weight in the first six months before it slows down to a normal pace. My hope is--that in 18 months I will be to my goal weight and in turn--be healthier than I have been in a very long time!

So, the purpose of this blog, "(Re)-constructing Brick by Brick and Bite by Bite" is to keep our family and friends abreast of all the changes in our lives this year both with building our new house and my weigh loss journey. We will be posting pictures (the good, the bad and the ugly!!), writing updates, sharing our excitement and our frustration. We invite you to join us in this crazy adventure that will be known as 2014!


No comments:

Post a Comment