Sunday, February 16, 2014

Post-op Appointment...a Big Success

I am SO excited!!! I had my post-op appointment on Friday February 14th--four weeks after my operation--. It was originally scheduled for Thursday the 13th but was rescheduled to Friday--due to the snowstorm. After waiting an hour (obviously, I was not the only one that they rescheduled) I was called back to the examining room--My incisions (five of them) were checked--important questions were asked and answered--and a trip to the scale was in order! So--drum roll please--after four weeks--I have dropped 30 pounds. I am down 48 pounds since July when I officially started this journey. I must say--I am pleasantly surprised with the success I am having! It has not been easy--but it is getting easier every day. I know the rapid weight loss will slow in a couple of months--and that is fine. I am in this for the long haul and however long it takes--I am willing to be patient. I am just looking forward to the day I can say "I am really healthy.

I was cleared to go back to work tomorrow--Monday. I think I was more excited about that--than the weight loss!! Although I must admit-- I'm a bit apprehensive. I missed the last week of our first semester--but was at least able to say goodbye to those students and explain what was going on. We are just about three weeks into our second semester--and my substitute has had my kids for the entire time. Jumping back in at this point is going to be a challenge--not only for me--but for my students. I've only had one of the kids on my class lists before--so it's going to be quite an adjustment for my classes as I run a pretty tight ship--to say the least! Getting back to a schedule is what I look forward to most! I will be the first the admit--I do not do well with unstructured time--especially if I have an excuse (like pain) to waste it!

Once again--I want to thank everyone for their support. I am sure this would be a very difficult journey to take on my own. The strength I have garnered from each of you--has given me the courage to see this through. Your words of encouragement, cards, letters, e-mails, texts, visits, gifts, flowers etc. are just what I needed--especially during those times that I have questioned my decision and felt discouraged and lonely. I can say without a doubt--I have the best family, circle of friends and colleagues--anyone could ask for!!

****OH YEAH--HOUSE NEWS****We finally have some good news to report--we found out last week that we were put on the builders schedule. We have been told that we will break ground on February 25th!! I am finally getting so excited!! This 17 year dream is finally coming true!

Greg--my wonderful husband--who is a cabinetmaker by trade--is designing and building my cabinets. Every time he shows me a sketch--or asks me questions--it becomes a little more real and I get a little more excited!! All I can say is--I am going to have a kick a$$ kitchen! Oh yea!

 Of course--I am prepared to have February 25 come and go with no movement on our project--thanks to Mother Nature!! However--we do see the end in sight--which makes any postponements tolerable!

Well, I have to go get ready for school tomorrow :-) So until next time...








1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing you at school again, Mrs. Buck. So glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete